Why was Marquise Brown arrested? Cardinals WR in trouble days after DeAndre Hopkins' suspension The

Publish date: 2024-05-07

Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, a wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals, has been arrested on charges of speeding. Brown was given to Arizona by the Baltimore Ravens in a trade on draft day this offseason.

Bart Graves, a DPS spokesman, said that he was pulled over at 7:05 a.m. on Wednesday, August 4, as he drove south on Loop 101 in an HOV lane. He was taken to Maricopa County Jail after that.

“We know what’s going on with Hollywood Brown, and we’ve told the NFL office about it as required. The Cardinals said in a statement that they would say more when it was appropriate. KTAR News 92.3 FM and Arizona Sports reported on this. The Arizona Department of Public Safety told the newspaper that he had been arrested. John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports said that Brown’s speed was 126 miles per hour.

Brown was reportedly not with the team on Wednesday morning when they practiced. Last week, the wide receiver, who is 25 years old, was put on the non-football injury list so that training camp could start. He is reportedly getting better after hurting his hamstring. Before Brown was taken off the NFI list on Tuesday, August 2, head coach Kliff Kingsbury said it was a kind of safety measure. “We’re just giving him a little time. We’ll start him off with walk-throughs… If everything goes as planned, I think we’ll be ready to go on Monday,” Kingsbury said on Tuesday.

Brown had a career-high 1,008 yards and six touchdowns in 2021 when he played for the Baltimore Ravens. On the first night of the NFL Draft, he and Baltimore’s 100th pick were sent to the Cardinals in exchange for Arizona’s first-round pick.

The NFL suspended DeAndre Hopkins, a wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals, for the first six games of the 2022 season. Hopkins was accused of breaking the league’s rule against using drugs to improve performance. Hopkins said in a statement that he is still trying to figure out why a sample taken in November came back positive.

Hopkins is said to have said, “In my 10 years in the NFL, I have never tested positive for using drugs to improve my performance.” “I was confused and shocked to find out that my November test showed traces of a banned substance. I’ve always been very careful about what I put in my body and taken a holistic approach, so I’m working with my team to figure out how this could have happened. But even though I’ve been careful, it’s clear I wasn’t careful enough. I’m sorry to Cardinals fans, my teammates, and the whole organization of the Cardinals. I never want to disappoint my team. “I fully intend to find out what’s going on. As soon as I find out more, I’ll let you know.” Hopkins can play in preseason games and practice, and he can also come back for the team’s Week 7 game.

ncG1vNJzZmismJrBorjKrKuonJGue6S7zGiuobFdrK60ecyaqaqtmaiybq7RqK6nZZGnv6a%2F056bZpuRp7GqusClqmavomK2r3nTq6aumpyaeqWt2Kxkmp6kmr9usMSapZ2qlWK1sLzKoqWsZaOqwLGxzaygqKZf